We understand a picture says a thousand words. With years of experience as a photojournalist as well as executing elaborate commercial and aerial shoots, SC Shekar will help you deliver the thousand words you would like to express through your photography.
Join our exclusive photography workshop from 26 to 30 October 2022, limited to eight participants only, and receive in-depth one-on-one guidance on how to capture images that will move your audience. Irshad Mobarak, famous Langkawi naturalist, will accompany the photography excursions to explain interesting details about the island's nature, rich bio-diversity and geological significance.
Making sure you stay inspired, The Datai Langkawi's natural rainforest paradise setting will keep you in awe. You will be capturing images at the pristine white sandy beach, the serene and mystical Crystal Creek, the quiet mangroves, secret waterfalls, and many more eye-catching scenic spots around the resort and in the surrounding lush rainforests. Once your workshop is finished, your last day will see you choose the best photo from your hard work, and you will carry a printed high-resolution picture home with you.
Workshop from 26 to 30 October 2022 is inclusive of:
- Stay in a Canopy Deluxe room for 4 nights
- Daily breakfasts
- 3 Lunches (two of these will be outside the resort)
- 4 Dinners at The Datai Langkawi
- 2 Photography Excursions in Langkawi island and one on The Datai Langkawi premises
- This 5 day-workshop will be led by award winning photographer SC Shekar
- The famous naturalist Irshad Mobarak will be present during the 3 mornings spent in Nature
- Wesley Wong, digital imaging expert and printing maestro, will join participants on the last day
- Return airport transfers
Rates for the full package: MYR 7,150* per person on a double basis, and MYR 10,700* per person on a single basis. Possibility to upgrade your stay to another room category with a daily supplement.
Please note that this workshop is open for intermediate level photographers only - all applicants will be screened. This restriction is in place, so that all participants will have the most efficient outcome and can draw the maximum out of the experience.
Terms and Conditions
- Valid for stays from 26 to 30 October 2022 ONLY
- Credit card required to guarantee the booking
- 100% deposit 10 Days before arrival
- 50% cancellation charge if cancelled less than 10 days before arrival
- To note: this workshop will only take place if we reach 8 participants
* Rate is subject to 10% service charge
** Terms & Conditions are subject to change depending on government issued SOPs on hospitality operations and travel regulations
*all hero photographs on this page courtesy of SC Shekar