The Datai Langkawi has taken a proactive decision to temporarily close the resort from Monday, 22 November 2021, for a minimum period of 10 days. The careful and well considered business decision follows the detection of 16 positive COVID-19 cases amongst its team members.
In its commitment to full transparency and obligation to offer trusted information, The Datai Langkawi wishes to release the following details: during the resort’s regular random testing regime of team members, which was implemented above and beyond official regulations to ensure the safety of guests and staff, a number of positive cases were detected, and the individuals were immediately isolated. All close contacts, up till the secondary level, were traced and, along with other random team members, tested in the follow-up. During this extensive and meticulous investigation, further cases were confirmed. The management of the resort immediately activated quarantine. Going beyond prescribed protocols, and out of an abundance of caution and concern for the well-being of guests and employees alike, the management of the resort has also initiated temporary closure procedures.
Working with the Ministry of Health, any and all further instructions have been implemented immediately. This includes the professional deep cleaning and sanitisation of the staff quarters as well as the resort in entirety by an accredited specialised company. The management of the resort has also independently and proactively initiated a full testing protocol for all team members, as part of its own programme of the highest of precautionary measures.
The management of the resort wishes its colleagues well and is offering full support in their recovery. The health and safety of guests and its 493 employees consistently remain the utmost priority for The Datai Langkawi, and resort management will continue to follow the strictest health and safety protocols and procedures that have been implemented since March 2020. The resort is in stringent compliance with the rules and regulations issued by the government of Malaysia as well as recommendations made by the World Health Organization in the shared effort to contain the spread of COVID-19. For further information on health and safety measures practised at The Datai Langkawi, please read on below.
Information for Guests
In being uncompromising on health and safety and in undertaking a temporary closure, The Datai Langkawi wishes to express its apologies for any inconvenience caused to guests.
For any existing booking for stay dates that fall within the period of the temporary closure, the resort offers a free change of dates or cancellation without penalty and full refund, and all concerned guests will be contacted directly on alternative options.
The entire team at the resort is looking forward to welcoming guests to the rainforest haven again once the resort re-opens after a minimum period of 10 days, when full sanitisation is complete and all tests and protocols diligently done. Guests can be reassured of being able to spend a regenerating rainforest holiday at The Datai Langkawi with full confidence and trust again.
HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
Update on Facilities and Hygiene Practices
Regular Resort Operations
The resort continues to be in full adherence to the rules and regulations by the government as well as recommendations by the World Health Organization.
The Datai Langkawi has been certified as a Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR™ facility. GBAC is a Division of ISSA - The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association. This accreditation recognizes the wide-ranging health and safety measures put in place to protect our guests and employees, including the establishment of a comprehensive system for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention, as well as compliance with the program’s 20 elements regarding documented work systems, protocols and procedures.
Please note some of our precautionary measures undertaken at the resort which are subject to change as new rules and regulations are decreed:
– Temperature checks for all guests upon arrival
– Social distancing of at least 1.5 metres to be adhered to at all times
– Face masks required for all team members and guests in public areas, including on activities and walks
– In-house nurse available 24 hours a day
– Hand sanitizer stations are available at all dining venues, and hand sanitiser and mask are provided upon departure
– Very strict room cleaning protocol observed
– Every room sanitised upon departure
– The Dining Room, The Gulai House, The Pavilion, The Beach Club, The Beach Bar and The Lobby Lounge are open
– In-Room Dining available with contactless option
– Temperature checks taken upon entry to all restaurants
– Table layout of at least two metres apart
– Hand sanitisers available at all restaurants
– Sanitisation of all kitchen surfaces and restaurant furniture multiple times a day
– All nature activities such as rainforest walks, beach walks, mangrove tours and more, will be conducted with a maximum group size of six to eight guests
– Trek To Crystal Creek nature activity limited to the individual and travelling party
– All holistic activities (eg. yoga, pilates) will be conducted privately (limited to individual and travelling party) and charged accordingly
– The Main Pool and Family Pool are open
– The Spa is open
– The Els Club Teluk Datai is open
– Distance of two metres apart for sunbeds
– Immediate sanitisation of all sunbeds and beach equipment after each guest use
– The Health Club is open with a maximum of four guests at a time
– Immediate sanitisation of gym equipment after use with a focus on high touch areas
– Steam and sauna facilities are closed
– All other activities also have safety measures in place according to government regulations
Internally, The Datai Langkawi has also taken stringent precautionary measures to combat the virus, such as:
– 100% of our employees are fully vaccinated, and we will continue to follow all recommendations with regards to vaccinations by the WHO
– Every employee’s temperature is checked when they report for duty
– We conduct twice weekly random RTK Tests covering a very large number of employees
– Any employee displaying even mild symptoms is immediately quarantined and tested
– All employees wear masks and other protective gear at all times
– Social distancing is adhered to at all times and monitored constantly
– Every transport vehicle is sanitised after each trip
– Stringent training on sanitary measures and practices undertaken by all employees
We hope that these measures will reassure you of our commitment to your health and well-being so that you will be able to enjoy your stay in our rainforest paradise without worry.