Update on Facilities and Hygiene Practices
The resort continues to be in full adherence to the rules and regulations by the government of Malaysia as well as recommendations by the World Health Organization.
The Datai Langkawi has been certified as a Global Biorisk Advisory Council (GBAC) STAR™ facility. GBAC is a Division of ISSA - The Worldwide Cleaning Industry Association. This accreditation recognizes the wide-ranging health and safety measures put in place to protect our guests and employees, including the establishment of a comprehensive system for cleaning, disinfection and infectious disease prevention, as well as compliance with the program’s 20 elements regarding documented work systems, protocols and procedures.
Please note some of our precautionary measures undertaken at the resort which are subject to change as new rules and regulations are decreed:
– Very strict room cleaning protocol observed
– The Dining Room, The Gulai House, The Pavilion, The Beach Club, The Beach Bar and The Lobby Lounge are open
– Table layout of at least two metres apart – Hand sanitisers available at all restaurants
– In-Room Dining available with contactless option
– All nature activities such as rainforest walks, beach walks, mangrove tours and more, as well as holistic activities (eg. yoga, pilates) are conducted at our regular group size
– The Main Pool and Family Pool are open– The Spa is open – The Els Club Teluk Datai is open – Distance of two metres apart for sunbeds – Immediate sanitisation of all sunbeds and beach equipment after each guest’s use – The Health Club is open – Immediate sanitisation of gym equipment after use with a focus on high touch areas – Steam and sauna facilities are open - please sign in at The Health Club for use – All other activities also have safety measures in place according to government regulations
Internally, The Datai Langkawi has also taken stringent precautionary measures to combat the virus, such as:
– 100% of our employees are fully vaccinated, and we will continue to follow all recommendations with regard to vaccinations by the WHO– Any employee displaying even mild symptoms is immediately quarantined and tested – Social distancing is adhered to at all times and monitored constantly – Every transport vehicle is sanitised after each trip – Stringent training on sanitary measures and practices undertaken by all employees
We hope that these measures will reassure you of our commitment to your health and well-being so that you will be able to enjoy your stay in our rainforest paradise without worry.