Bestowed the title the ‘World’s Best New Golf Course’ at the inaugural World Golf Awards held in November 2014 in Portugal, our award-winning 18 hole par 72 Championship Golf Course provides a grand game experience in one of the world’s most spectacular settings!
Designed by the golf legend Ernie Els as a tribute to the surrounding nature, the 47 hectare course is nestled in a 10 million years old rainforest with a magnificent backdrop of Matchinchang, a primordial mountain range with marbled peaks proudly reaching towards the sky. Stretching all the way to the coast, the course enchants with a mesmerizing view of the emerald green Andaman Sea.
To honor the natural surroundings, the typical bunkers have been substituted by natural ‘hazards’ in form of tropical vegetation and streams, and inspired by the wildlife you are likely to spot during your game, the holes carry names such as Dusky Leaf, Hornbill or Macaque Manor.
State-of-the-art club facilities, buggies equipped with GPS units, professional golf lessons provided by the Troon Golf instructors and bag tags personalized with engraved names avouch a truly sophisticated game experience.
THE ELS CLUB TELUK DATAI FEATURES
The Course at a Glance:
- 18-hole, Par-72 resort course designed by 4-time Major Winner, Ernie Els.
- 6,760 yards from the championship tees and 5,369 yards from the forward tees.
- 5 holes beside the beautiful Andaman Sea
- No bunkers and incorporates the natural fauna of the rainforest at the core of its design.
- Latest model Club Car Precedent buggies equipped with state of the art Visage GPS units
- Practice facilities include an extensive putting green, 6 target greens, and a 50m x 40m grassed tee
- Managed by Troon Golf the world’s leading luxury brand golf management company.
- The Hornbill Café seats up to 75 people and provides the perfect place for guests to enjoy a casual dining experience while overlooking the golf course.
- A Golf Shop carrying the latest in international golf and leisure apparel.
- Fully serviced male and female locker facilities