The Datai Langkawi
Nestled in the heart of an ancient rainforest, The Datai Langkawi is a captivating destination resort that blends smoothly with its natural surroundings. Situated on the mystical island of Langkawi, each room, suite and villa enjoys the embrace of the lush rainforest and offers stunning views from private verandas of the breathtaking Andaman Sea. Reconnect with nature, rekindle your spirit and reignite your soul in this serene natural haven.
The Datai Langkawi offers the perfect escape and allows you to fully nurture the well-being of your mind, body and spirit. National Geographic has rated Datai Bay as one of the top 10 beaches in the world, while the resort’s jungle surrounds plays host to a wealth of wildlife, some of which are endemic to the area. Bask in the tranquility and reconnect with nature. You may well spot dusky leaf monkeys, tokay geckos or Sunda flying lemurs during your stay.
The Datai Langkawi was voted the Travelers’ Choice® 2014 award in the following categories: Luxury, Romance, Top Hotels, Service
- Design by the visionary architect Kerry Hill, a mesmerizing setting in a 10 million year rainforest that teems with wildlife, a tranquil beach awarded one of the top 10 worldwide, stunning luxury accommodation… It doesn’t come as a surprise that The Datai Langkawi keeps attracting journalists from prestigious international luxury, travel, leisure and nature magazines such as, Vogue, Marie Claire or National Geographic. Read some of the most captivating stories featured below.
26 August 2015
IN THE NEWS : THE DATAI’S RESIDENT NATURALIST FEATURED ON BBC WORLD NEWS.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Celebrated in the leisure industry as the pinnacle of hospitality and lifestyle, The Datai Langkawi received up to the present day more than 80 accolades while being repeatedly awarded by CONDÉ NAST TRAVELER and the TATLER’S TRAVEL GUIDE for enduring excellence!
- Trip Advisor 2015 Travelers’ Choice Award: The Datai was voted 3rd best in the Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Hotels in Malaysia.
- Only resort in Malaysia to be listed in the ‘The Gold List’ of Conde Nast Traveller Middle East 2015
- TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence – Best in Business (The Datai Langkawi, The Gulai House, The Pavilion, The Dining Room)
- Wine Spectator’s 2015 Award of Excellence for The Dining Room
- Conde Nast Traveller UK– Readers Travel Awards (Voted 4th best hotel in Asia and Indian Subcontinent and 27th best hotel in the WORLD)
- Malaysia Landscape Architecture Award (MLAA) - 14 Beach Villa Datai Langkawi – ILAM MLAA Honour Award 2015 under professional category – Landscape Analysis & Study Award.